A do-it-yourself approach can work well for a simple painting project. For more complicated and large-scale endeavors, you will need the expertise of a professional Calgary painting company. Also, if you live in a house built before 1980s, there’s an extra reason to hire a contractor: safety. Houses from that era often contain lead paint. Contractors from professional Calgary painting company like Doctor Repainting are specially trained to minimize the health hazards it can cause.
- Like any worthwhile undertaking, finding a good painting company is a step-by-step process. The first step is to ask around your circles. Contacts like real-estate agents and general contractors may be able to give you quality referrals. For even better suggestions, contact a neighbor whose house was recently painted. Nothing beats experience. If you come across a newly painted house and there’s an ad for the company on the front lawn, it’s a sign that the customer was satisfied. Make a note of that painting company.
- Make a list of at least ten Calgary painting companies. Now, make sure they’re licensed. Most cities have government web sites that allow consumers to look up a contractor. Here, you can check Calgary painting company and its painters to verify their licensure.
- Create a shortlist based on your research. Get three or more references — contact information for previous customers — from each Calgary painting Company. Ask these references how long ago they hired the company in question. If it’s been several years, they can evaluate how well the paint job has held up. If you go so far as to inspect the work in person, pay attention to the windows, doors, and trim. These are areas where careful technique goes a long way, and where carelessness is especially evident.
- Painters from a respected Calgary panting company don’t just do quality work. They should be courteous, pleasant, and capable of clear communication. Ideally, the people in charge of your home’s look should be excited about the task rather than burnt out. Find out from your references what kind of attitude the company’s workers displayed, and whether they behaved professionally. Also ask whether the crew stayed on schedule, and whether they arrived early each day, did their work, and got out of there. This is important in selecting best Calgary painting company for your home.
- In addition to getting references from your shortlist, get bids and estimates. Get them from at least three different contractors, and make sure they’re all based on the same criteria. Find out what each contractor’s estimated timeframe is for the project, and whether there’s a waitlist. A good Calgary painting company like Doctor Repainting should offer a warranty. Three years is fine; one year usually isn’t enough. Look at the warranty in writing, and make sure you understand any limitations or exceptions written into it.
Finding a skilled, reliable Calgary painting company can seem like an overwhelming task at first. The key is taking it one step at a time and using common sense. Since a good Calgary painting company’s work can add considerable value to your home, it’s worth investing time and thought to find the best in the business.
For any additional questions or to book out services, find us at www.doctorrepainting.com